Sausage and Mushroom Pizza Pockets
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain off fat; cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir in sausage mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, unroll each package of pizza dough. If necessary, gently stretch each dough piece into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle into twelve 3-inch squares. Place about 1 tablespoon of the sausage-cheese mixture in the center of each square. Fold dough over sausage-cheese mixture, forming triangles. Press the triangle edges with the tines of a fork to seal. Place the triangle pockets on the prepared baking sheets. Prick each top a few times with the fork tines.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg and water. Brush tops of pockets with egg mixture, and if desired, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake about 12 minutes or until pockets are golden. Serve warm. If desired, serve with pizza sauce. Makes 24 pockets.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through step 3. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill for up to 4 hours. Bake as directed. (Or prepare as directed through step 4; cool. Place baked pockets in airtight containers. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place frozen pockets on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.)
Nutrition Facts (Sausage and Mushroom Pizza Pockets)
- Per serving:
- 124 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 22 mg chol.,
- 205 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet