Roasted Spiced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread almonds in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Place on a wire rack; cool 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
- With a wire whisk or rotary beater, beat egg white and water in a large bowl until frothy. Stir in granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir in cooled nuts. Spread nuts in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until nuts appear dry, stirring once halfway through baking. Transfer nuts to waxed paper, separating into individual pieces or small clusters; cool completely.
- Place almonds in tightly covered decorative containers. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 5-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Spiced Almonds)
- Per serving:
- 179 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 64 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Janet Gilbertson 1468 Days Ago
My 8 year old granddaughter found this recipe and we made it for her father for Fathers Day. It was a wonderful success and we all loved the smell of the nuts baking. So simple to make and delicious.