Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Roast fresh sweet peppers and fresh chili pepper according to the directions below.
- In a food processor bowl or blender container combine roasted sweet peppers, roasted or bottled chili pepper, goat cheese or cream cheese, olive oil or cooking oil, honey, and garlic.
- Cover and process or blend until smooth. Add rosemary, basil, or oregano; pulse until combined. Transfer dip to a serving bowl.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Serve with assorted vegetables and/or tortilla chips.
From the Test Kitchen
Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems, seeds, and membranes. (When working with the chili pepper, cover your hands with plastic bags so the oils in the pepper dont burn your skin.) Place, cut sides down, on a large foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degree F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until skins are blistered and bubbly. Fold up foil on baking sheet around peppers to form a packet, sealing edges. Let stand for 20 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; cut into pieces.
If desired, roast the peppers ahead, then cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts(Roasted Red Pepper Dip)
- Per serving:
- 41 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 35 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet