- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 recipe Cocoa Sugared Mix, Curry Spiced Mix, Barbecue Seasoned Mix, or Asian Five-Spiced Mix (recipes follow)
- 1/4 cup peanut oil or 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 cups pecan halves or 4 cups assorted nuts, such as pecan halves, walnut halves or pieces, whole unsalted cashews, almonds, dry-roasted unsalted peanuts and/or peeled hazelnuts
1. Line a 13x9x2-inch or a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Set pan aside. In a small bowl, combine desired seasoning mix and oil or melted butter. Place nuts in prepared pan. Drizzle butter mixture over nuts, tossing gently until well coated. Spread nuts out in an even layer.
2. Bake in a 325 degrees F oven for 25 minutes, stirring twice. Remove from oven. Remove to a paper towel-lined baking sheet; cool. Serve at room temperature. Store any remaining nuts in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion salt and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar,
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon ground cumin and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon five-spice powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper.