Puff pastry makes it easy to prepare these flaky appetizers that ooze with creamy Italian ricotta cheese.
- Yields: 18 puffs
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 20 mins
- Unfold the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a sharp knife, cut each pastry sheet into nine 3-inch squares.
- For filling, in a medium bowl stir together the ricotta cheese, roasted red pepper, the 3 tablespoons Romano cheese, the parsley, oregano, and black pepper.
- Moisten the edges of each pastry square with milk. Spoon about 2 teaspoons filling onto one-half of each pastry square. Fold the other half of the pastry over the filling, forming a rectangle. Seal edges by pressing with the tines of a fork. With a sharp knife, cut slits in the top of each pastry bundle. Brush with milk; sprinkle with additional Romano cheese.
- Arrange pastry bundles on an un-greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool for 5 minutes before servings. Makes 18 puffs.
Nutrition Facts (Ricotta Puffs)
- Per serving:
- 137 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 mg chol.,
- 137 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet