- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 17 1/4ounce package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red sweet pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Grated Romano cheese
1. Unfold the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a sharp knife, cut each pastry sheet into nine 3-inch squares.
2. For filling, in a medium bowl stir together the ricotta cheese, roasted red pepper, the 3 tablespoons Romano cheese, the parsley, oregano, and black pepper.
3. Moisten the edges of each pastry square with milk. Spoon about 2 teaspoons filling onto one-half of each pastry square. Fold the other half of the pastry over the filling, forming a rectangle. Seal edges by pressing with the tines of a fork. With a sharp knife, cut slits in the top of each pastry bundle. Brush with milk; sprinkle with additional Romano cheese.
4. Arrange pastry bundles on an un-greased baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack; cool for 5 minutes before servings. Makes 18 puffs.
- cal. (kcal) 137,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 3,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 10,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (RE) 31,
- vit. C (mg) 11,
- sodium (mg) 137,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet