Ranch Deviled Eggs
- Coat a small skillet with vegetable oil; heat over medium heat. Cook peppers for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred. Cool.
- Halve peppers; remove seeds and membranes. Scoop out tomato halves. Set halves aside.
- Remove yolks from eggs and place in a medium bowl. Add 4 of the egg white halves to bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in yogurt, cilantro, green onions, dressing mix, and oil. Spoon mixture into halved jalapenos, tomatoes, and egg whites.
- Cover and chill up to 8 hours. Top with olive slices, if you like. Makes 14 (2-appetizer) servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Because hot chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chills as much possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts(Ranch Deviled Eggs)
- Per serving:
- 93 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 123 mg chol.,
- 192 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet