fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells
cup canned pumpkin
cup crumbled goat cheese, at room temperature (2 ounces)
tablespoon lemon juice
cup toasted pumpkin seeds*
cup bottled Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
3/4-inch-thick slices baguette-style French bread
tablespoons olive oil
ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved (optional)
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp. In a large skillet, cook shrimp in a large amount of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Drain well.
- Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, goat cheese, lemon juice, and honey; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, arugula, onion, pumpkin seeds, and salad dressing; set aside.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices lightly with olive oil. Arrange on a large baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until toasted, turning bread over once.
- Spread pumpkin mixture on one side of toasted baguette slices. Top each with a shrimp and some of the arugula mixture. If desired, top each with shaved Parmesan cheese. Makes 20 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To toast pumpkin seeds: Place pumpkin seeds in a dry large skillet; cover. Heat over medium heat about 5 minutes or until seeds are toasted, shaking skillet occasionally.
Nutrition Facts(Pumpkin-Shrimp Bruschetta)
- Per serving:
- 116 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 37 mg chol.,
- 156 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet