- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 16 ounce tubes refrigerated cooked polenta
- 1 cup finely shredded dry Monterey Jack cheese or Parmesan cheese
- Desired toppings, such as sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms cooked in butter, sliced dry Monterey Jack cheese or Parmesan cheese, quartered grape tomatoes, halved avocado slices, roasted red sweet pepper strips, slivered pitted kalamata olives, sliced green onions, and/or snipped fresh herbs
1. Preheat broiler. Cut each tube of polenta into 12 slices. Arrange polenta slices on a baking sheet. Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn slices over with a spatula (slices may be soft).
2. Sprinkle polenta with the 1 cup cheese. Broil for 5 to 6 minutes more or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Top the cheese circles with desired toppings. Makes 12 servings.