Serve this appetizer with toasted bread slices or a variety of crackers.
- Makes: 24 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: overnight
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
cup purchased basil pesto or dried tomato pesto
slices thinly sliced provolone cheese (about 6 oz.)
Thin baguette slices, toasted if desired, or crackers
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Line a 7-1/2 x 3-1/2x2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, extending wrap beyond edges of pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and pesto with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Lay 2 slices of the provolone cheese in bottom and slightly up sides of pan. Spread half of the pesto mixture on cheese layer. Repeat layers; top with remaining 2 slices of provolone cheese. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Weight it down with a can of soup or vegetables. Chill overnight.
- To serve, remove plastic wrap from top of terrine. Invert onto a serving plate and remove plastic wrap. Cut terrine lengthwise in half. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with baguette slices or crackers. If desired, garnish with basil leaves. Makes 24 to 28 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pesto-Provolone Terrine)
- 94 kcal cal.;
- 9 g Fat, total;
- 16 mg chol.;
- 3 g sat. fat;
- 1 g carb.;
- 1 g Monosaturated fat;
- 3 g pro.;
- 0 mg Riboflavin;
- 0 mg iron;
- 21 mg Potassium;
- 194 IU vit. A;
- 61 mg calcium;
- 0 µg Cobalamin (Vit. B12);
- 128 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet