- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 17.3ounce packagefrozen puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry sheet into a 14x10-inch rectangle. Brush pastry with some of the milk; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper. Starting at a short side, loosely roll up into a spiral, stopping at the center. Repeat rolling up, starting at the other short side. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or foil; set aside. Unwrap roll and place on a cutting board. Brush with remaining milk. Using a serrated knife and a sawing motion, cut pastry roll crosswise into 3/8-inch-thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets, reshaping as necessary.
3. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer to a wire rack; cool slightly. Serve warm. Makes about 24 spirals.
- Prepare as directed through Step 1. Freeze for up to 1 month. Unwrap, cut, and bake as directed. (If roll is too hard to slice while frozen, let it stand at room temperature until it's easy to slice.)
- Servings Per Recipe 24,
- cal. (kcal) 50,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 1,
- sat. fat (g) 0,
- carb. (g) 4,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 59,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet