- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ounces Gouda cheese, finely shredded (3/4 cup)*
- 1/3 cup butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 24 medium pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In food processor, combine flour and baking powder. Process briefly to mix. Add Gouda cheese, butter, and Parmesan cheese. Process to mix thoroughly. With food processor running, add lemon juice, processing until dough just forms a ball. Divide dough into 24 equal portions.
2. Drain and rinse olives. Pat olives dry with paper towels. Pat each portion of dough into a 2-inch circle. Place an olive in the center of each circle. Bring dough up around olives; pat seams to seal. Place olive bundles about 1/2-inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
3. Brush olive bundles with egg yolk. Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 24 appetizers.
- Prepare as directed through step 2. Cover and chill up to 4 hours. (Or freeze about 1 hour or until firm. Transfer olive bundles to a freezer container. Seal and freeze for up to 1 month.)
- To bake refrigerated bundles: Continue as directed in step 2. (To bake frozen bundles: Place frozen bundles on prepared baking sheet. Continue as directed in step 2.)
- Place the Gouda cheese in the freezer for 15 minutes to make it easier to shred.
- cal. (kcal) 64,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 20,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 123,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet