- Makes: 22 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs to 3 hrs (low)
16 ounce jar pickled mixed vegetables (giardiniera)
8 ounce package cream cheese, cut up
cup shredded provolone cheese (4 ounces)
ounces cooked ham, finely chopped
cup pitted Kalamata and/or green olives, rinsed, drained, and chopped
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
Thinly sliced salami
Focaccia squares or sliced ciabatta bread, toasted
- Rinse and drain pickled vegetables. Remove stems from peppers; chop vegetables (you should have about 1 cup). In a 1 1/2- or 2-quart slow cooker, combine pickled vegetables, cream cheese, provolone cheese, ham, olives, garlic, Italian seasoning, and, if desired, crushed red pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours. Stir until cream cheese is smooth. Stir in enough milk (2 to 3 tablespoons) to reach dipping consistency.
- Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding milk as necessary. Serve with salami on toasted bread.
Nutrition Facts (Muffuletta Dip)
- Per serving:
- 70 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 17 mg chol.,
- 419 mg sodium,
- 2 g carb.,
- 1 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet