Molasses Gorp Popcorn Logs
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popped corn. In a greased 17x12x2-inch baking pan combine popped corn, peanuts, chocolate pieces, and raisins. Set pan aside.
- Butter the sides of a heavy 3-quart saucepan. In the saucepan combine sugar, water, molasses, and salt. Cook over medium-high heat to boiling, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar. This should take about 5 minutes. Avoid splashing mixture on sides of pan. Carefully clip candy thermometer to side of pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thermometer registers 250 degree F, hard-ball stage. Mixture should boil at a moderate, steady rate over entire surface. Reaching hard-ball stage should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat; remove candy thermometer from saucepan. Pour sugar mixture over the popcorn mixture; stir gently to coat the popcorn mixture. Cool until popcorn mixture can be handled easily. Use buttered hands to shape mixture into 3-inch logs, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap each log in clear plastic wrap. Makes about 36 logs.
Nutrition Facts (Molasses Gorp Popcorn Logs)
- Per serving:
- 107 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 71 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet