Mini Reuben Melts
- Prepare Creamy Caramelized Onions. Adjust oven rack so it is about 5 inches from the heat. Preheat broiler.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with oil. Place half of the bread slices on a large baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven. Turn bread slices over to use for bottoms of sandwiches. Divide corned beef and the caramelized onions among bottom slices of bread; add cheese. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes more or until heated through and cheese starts to melt. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Place the remaining bread slices on the baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spoon a small amount of salad dressing onto the bottom of each sandwich. Top with the remaining bread slices. Makes 16 appetizers.
Creamy Caramelized Onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large heavy ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. In a small bowl, combine whipping cream; dry sherry; Dijon-style mustard; brown sugar; garlic; salt; ground allspice; and ground black pepper. Pour mixture over onions; stir to combine. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Reuben Melts)
- Per serving:
- 142 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 21 mg chol.,
- 324 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet