- Makes: 20 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup dip with 1 cup vegetables
- Yields: 5 cups
- Prep: 20 mins
- Slow Cook: 3 hrs to 4 hrs Low
Hot Artichoke Dip
medium leeks, thinly sliced (2/3 cup)
tablespoon olive oil
14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
cups light mayonnaise dressing*
teaspoon Mediterranean seasoning or lemon-pepper seasoning
Vegetable dippers or toasted whole wheat pita wedges
- In a large skillet cook leeks in hot olive oil over medium heat until tender. Place in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in the artichoke hearts, light mayonnaise, sweet pepper, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through.
- To serve, stir mixture, sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, and keep warm on low-heat setting for up to 1 hour. Serve with vegetable dippers or toasted pita wedges. Makes 5 cups dip.
From the Test Kitchen
Do not use regular mayonnaise or cook on high-heat setting or the dip will separate during cooking.
Nutrition Facts (Hot Artichoke Dip)
- Per serving:
- 146 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 375 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet