Here's Lookin at You
- In medium bowl mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup of the chopped onion, egg, 3 cloves garlic, Worcestershire sauce, 3/4 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon basil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Divide mixture into 60 portions and roll into ball.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Brown meat balls on all sides, shaking skillet to loosen, preferably in 2 batches. Remove all meatballs to plate; reserve. Add remaining 1/4 cup onion, 3 cloves garlic, 3/4 teaspoon oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon basil to skillet; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add tomatoes and reserved meatballs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until meatballs are cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Place phyllo shells on baking sheet. Heat through, 5 to 6 minutes. Place a scant tablespoon of sauce in each phyllo cup. Top with a meatball.
- For eyeball decoration, cut out 60, 3/4-inch circles from sliced mozzarella using aspic or small round cookie cutter. Place one circle of cheese on each meatball. Cut out small circles from olive half using a drinking straw. Place olive circles on top of cheese. Return to oven, 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese just begins to soften. Serve warm. Makes 60 eyes (30 servings).
Nutrition Facts (Here's Lookin at You)
- Per serving:
- 99 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 215 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 1 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet