- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 17 1/2ounce package gnocchi with potato
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cooking oil
- Purchased marinara sauce (optional)
1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions and cool. Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a pie plate and set aside. In a medium bowl combine egg and water. Dip cooked gnocchi in egg mixture, a few at a time, and roll in bread crumb mixture. Cover and chill overnight, if desired. Place cooking oil in a heavy skillet with high side, about 1-inch high. Heat over medium high heat. Add a few gnocchi at a time and cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in a 300 degrees F oven while cooking remaining gnocchi.
2. Serve with purchased marinara sauce, if desired.