Fresh Onion Dip
- In a medium skillet cook onion in margarine or butter about 5 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a blender container or food processor bowl combine cooked onion, sour cream, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in chives. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, stir in additional milk, a teaspoon at a time, if necessary, to make of dipping consistency. Serve with a variety of dippers, such as chips and sliced raw vegetables. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Onion Dip)
- Per serving:
- 33 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 41 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet