Five-Spice Chicken Wings
- If desired, use a sharp knife to carefully cut off tips of the wings; discard wing tips. In a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch shallow baking pan arrange wing pieces in a single layer. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- For sauce, in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine plum sauce, melted butter, and five-spice powder. Add wing pieces, stirring to coat with sauce.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Serve immediately or keep covered on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. If desired, garnish with orange wedges and pineapple slices. Makes about 32 pieces.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare chicken as in Step 1. For sauce, in slow cooker combine 1-1/2 cups hot-style barbecue sauce, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 to 2 teaspoons bottled hot pepper sauce. Add wing pieces, stirring to coat with sauce. Continue as in Step 3. Serve with bottled blue cheese or ranch salad dressing. Omit the fruit garnish.
Prepare chicken as in Step 1. For sauce, in slow cooker combine 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup whiskey, and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Add wing pieces, stirring to coat with sauce. Continue as in Step 3.
Nutrition Facts(Five-Spice Chicken Wings)
- Per serving:
- 88 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 35 mg chol.,
- 41 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet