Feta Crostini with Tomato, Bacon, and Apple Jam
pound smoked bacon
28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
medium apple, peeled, cored and diced
tablespoons cider vinegar
teaspoon ground black pepper
loaf baguette-style French bread, thinly sliced and toasted (about 30 slices)
8 ounce block feta cheese, crumbled
Snipped fresh chives
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it is just browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain excess fat. Crumble or cut into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan combine the drained tomatoes, sugar, apple, onion, vinegar, salt, pepper, and bacon. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring often, for 12 minutes or until apples are tender and most of the liquid is reduced.
- Remove pan from heat; let sit for 5 minutes.
- Arrange baguette slices on a serving platter, top with a dollop of warm jam, the feta, and chives. Makes 30 crostini.
Nutrition Facts(Feta Crostini with Tomato, Bacon, and Apple Jam)
- Per serving:
- 100 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 376 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet