Feta Crostini with Tomato, Bacon, and Apple Jam
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it is just browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain excess fat. Crumble or cut into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan combine the drained tomatoes, sugar, apple, onion, vinegar, salt, pepper, and bacon. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring often, for 12 minutes or until apples are tender and most of the liquid is reduced.
- Remove pan from heat; let sit for 5 minutes.
- Arrange baguette slices on a serving platter, top with a dollop of warm jam, the feta, and chives. Makes 30 crostini.
Nutrition Facts (Feta Crostini with Tomato, Bacon, and Apple Jam)
- Per serving:
- 100 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 376 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet