- Yields: about 2 pounds (64 pieces)
- Prep: 20 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
- Line an 8x8x2-inch or 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Butter foil; set aside.
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan cook and stir white baking pieces and sweetened condensed milk over low heat just until pieces melt and mixture is smooth. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in the 1 cup nuts, orange peel, and vanilla.
- Spread fudge evenly in the prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle with additional nuts; press in lightly. Score into 1-inch pieces. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until firm.
- When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut fudge into pieces. Store tightly covered up to 1 week. Makes about 2 pounds (64 pieces).
Prepare as above, except substitute 3 cups semisweet chocolate pieces for the white baking pieces. If desired, omit orange peel.
Nutrition Facts per piece: 71 cal., 4 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 9 mg sodium, 9 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 1 g pro.
Daily Values: 0% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 3% calcium, 2% iron
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbo., 1 Fat
- 92 kcal cal.;
- 5 g Fat, total;
- 2 mg chol.;
- 3 g sat. fat;
- 11 g carb.;
- 1 g Monosaturated fat;
- 7 g sugar;
- 1 g pro.;
- 20 mg calcium;
- 38 mg Potassium;
- 0 mg iron;
- 23 mg sodium;
- 1 Other Carb;
- 1 Fat;
- 0 mg Thiamin;
- 0 mg Riboflavin
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet