- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 - 2 fresh jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped*
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
1. In a blender or food processor combine onion, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. Cover and blend or process for 2 to 3 pulses.
2. Add drained tomatoes and salt. Cover and blend or process for 1 to 2 pulses more or until salsa reaches desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
- Prepare as directed. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- cal. (kcal) 24,
- carb. (g) 5,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 229,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet