Dilly Crab Dip
Wow the crowd by serving the creamy dip in an artichoke half. Be sure to brush the cut artichoke with lemon juice so it keeps its summer green color.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Yields: About 1-1/2 cups dip
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
Dilly Crab Dip
cup fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing
cup light dairy sour cream
cup flaked, cooked crabmeat (cartilage removed)*
teaspoon dried dill weed
teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
teaspoon lime juice
Dash bottled hot pepper sauce
Dash ground red pepper (optional)
Fresh dill sprig (optional)
cups fresh vegetable dippers (such as carrots, red sweet peppers, yellow sweet peppers, and snow pea pods)
- Reserve a few flakes of crabmeat for garnish; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, the remaining flaked crabmeat, dill weed, onion, lime peel, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and, if desired, ground red pepper; mix well. Transfer to serving bowl, and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle dip with reserved crabmeat. If desired, garnish with fresh dill sprig. Serve with fresh vegetable dippers. Makes about 1-1/2 cups dip (twelve 2-tablespoon servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Crab-flavored flaked fish (surimi) is a less expensive but delicious substitute for the crabmeat.
Nutrition Facts (Dilly Crab Dip)
- Per serving:
- 45 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 19 mg chol.,
- 138 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet