- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Spread cashews in an even layer in the prepared baking pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar, the salt, curry powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine water, butter, and the remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Add cashews, stirring to coat. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Remove from heat. Add curry mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Spread nuts in an even layer in the same baking pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts (Curried Cashews)
- Per serving:
- 188 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 2 mg chol.,
- 287 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet