Greek yogurt will make this dip recipe thick in texture and rich in flavor. Serve with fresh vegetables for a quick and easy appetizer.
- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Yields: 3 cups
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: Up to 12 hrs
- Stand: 15 mins
cups Greek yogurt, or Yogurt Cheese (see recipe)
tablespoons chopped fresh dill
tablespoons chopped fresh mint
tablespoons chopped fresh chives
tablespoon lemon juice
cloves garlic, mined
seedless English cucumber, chopped (about 2 cups)
Salt and cracked black pepper
Fresh dill sprigs
Assorted vegetable dippers; baby zucchini, baby carrots, tender young green beans, small radishes
- In bowl, stir together yogurt, dill, mint, chives, juice, garlic, and salt. Let stand 15 minutes or refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- Before serving, stir in cucumber. Season with salt and black pepper. Top with dill sprig. Serve with assorted vegetables. Cover and refrigerate leftovers; stir well before serving.
cups plain yogurt
- Suspend small colander over bowl. Lime colander with three layers cotton cheesecloth or a paper coffee filter. Spoon in yogurt. (Use yogurt without gums, gelatin, or fillers to ensure whey and curd separate.) Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 24 hours. Discard liquid. Makes about 3 cups (24, 2 tablespoon servings).
Nutrition Facts (Cucumber-Yogurt Dip)
- Per serving:
- 21 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 3 mg chol.,
- 65 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesAppetizer Recipes, Appetizers, Christmas Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easter Recipes, Easy Appetizers, Ethnic Recipes, Fourth of July Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Healthy Snack Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Party Appetizers, Party Recipes, Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes