Crunchy Party Mix
- In a large roasting pan combine pretzels, oat cereal, wheat cereal, rice cereal, and nuts. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce until butter melts. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on a large piece of foil to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Makes 16 to 18 cups (about 32 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Cajun-Style Party Mix:
Prepare Crunchy Party Mix as above, except substitute 3 cups pecan halves for the mixed nuts and add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the butter mixture.
5-Spice Party Mix:
Prepare Crunchy Party Mix as above, except omit Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Add 3 tablespoons 5-spice powder. Substitute 2 cups honey-roasted cashews and 1 cup unsalted unblanched almonds for the 3 cups mixed nuts.
Wasabi Party Mix:
Prepare Crunchy Party Mix as above, except omit the bottled hot pepper sauce. Substitute 3 cups wasabi-flavored dehydrated peas for the mixed nuts.
Nutrition Facts (Crunchy Party Mix)
- Per serving:
- 171 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 12 mg chol.,
- 264 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet