- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 5 cups pretzel sticks
- 4 cups round toasted oat cereal
- 4 cups bite-size wheat or bran square cereal
- 4 cups bite-size rice or corn square cereal or bite-size shredded wheat biscuits
- 3 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Several drops bottled hot pepper sauce
1. In a large roasting pan combine pretzels, oat cereal, wheat cereal, rice cereal, and nuts. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan heat and stir butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce until butter melts. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
3. Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on a large piece of foil to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
4. Makes 16 to 18 cups (about 32 servings).
- Prepare Crunchy Party Mix as above, except substitute 3 cups pecan halves for the mixed nuts and add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the butter mixture.
- Prepare Crunchy Party Mix as above, except omit Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Add 3 tablespoons 5-spice powder. Substitute 2 cups honey-roasted cashews and 1 cup unsalted unblanched almonds for the 3 cups mixed nuts.
- Prepare Crunchy Party Mix as above, except omit the bottled hot pepper sauce. Substitute 3 cups wasabi-flavored dehydrated peas for the mixed nuts.
- Servings Per Recipe 32,
- cal. (kcal) 171,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 12,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 16,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (IU) 243,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- sodium (mg) 264,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Starch () 1,
- Fat () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet