- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 loaf baguette-style French bread
- 1/2 8 ounce jar oil-packed dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata or ripe olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese
- 4 ounces feta or goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Shredded fresh basil leaves
1. For crostini, partially freeze bread. Cut bread into forty 1/4-inch-thick slices; arrange on cookie sheets. Drain tomatoes, reserving oil. Lightly brush one side of each slice with some oil. Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 6 minutes. Turn slices over; bake 6 minutes more or until golden brown.
2. Finely chop tomatoes. Stir in olives and garlic. Set aside. Beat cream cheese in a small mixing bowl until softened. Beat in feta and milk until smooth.
3. Spread feta mixture on oiled side of crostini. Top with a small dollop of tomato mixture. Garnish crostini with shredded basil. Makes 40 appetizers.
- If desired, cover both spreads; refrigerate up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before spreading.
- Servings Per Recipe 40,
- cal. (kcal) 47,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 2,
- vit. A (RE) 21,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- sodium (mg) 124,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet