- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces semi-soft goat cheese (chevre) or crumbled feta cheese
- 24 pickled jalapeno pepper slices* or small pimiento-stuffed green olives, well drained
- 1/2 cup dried red sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pumpkin seeds
1. In a medium bowl stir together the cream cheese and the goat or feta cheese until smooth. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
2. Using a rounded tablespoon of the cheese mixture, form it around a jalapeno slice or green olive, completely enclosing the pepper or olive.** Mixture will be sticky; moisten hands as necessary. (Chill mixture if it becomes too soft to handle.) Place shaped balls on a shallow pan. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for 1 hour.
3. Roll one-third of the balls in the red sweet peppers, one-third in the cilantro, and one-third in the pumpkin seeds to coat, leaving some white showing. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 6 hours. Serve with picks. Makes 24 appetizers.
- Hot peppers contain oils that can burn eyes, lips, and sensitive skin, so wear plastic gloves while preparing them and wash your hands thoroughly afterward.
- For smaller balls, use a rounded teaspoon of the cheese mixture and omit the jalapeno slices or pimiento-stuffed green olives. Shape into balls.
- cal. (kcal) 78,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 16,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (RE) 82,
- vit. C (mg) 4,
- sodium (mg) 155,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet