- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 - 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 8 ounce package (8 rolls each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 - 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Fresh chives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Line a very large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together bacon, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onions, and milk until mixture is nearly smooth; set aside.
2. Unroll and separate crescent rolls into 16 triangles. Spread each triangle with some of the cream cheese mixture. Roll up from the wide end of the triangle. Place on prepared baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg with water until combined. Brush crescents with the egg mixture; sprinkle with poppy seeds.
4. Bake about 12 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown. If desired, garnish with chives. Serve warm.* Makes 16 crescents.
- Prepare as directed through step 2. Cover and chill on prepared baking sheet for up to 5 hours. (Or, freeze in a single layer until firm. Place in a self-sealing plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. To bake, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange frozen filled crescents in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.)
- To bake chilled or frozen crescents: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake crescents for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden and heated through.
- If you'd like to freeze the baked crescents for later, cool on wire racks. Freeze in a single layer until firm. Place in a self-sealing plastic freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months. To reheat crescents, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange frozen baked crescents in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 188,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 33,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 12,
- pro. (g) 5,
- sodium (mg) 358,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet