- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Beat egg in a large mixing bowl. Add cranberries, shallot or onion, pistachio nuts, port wine or cranberry juice, cream, bread crumbs, sage, salt, pepper, and garlic; mix well. Add ground beef and pork. Mix well. Press mixture into prepared pan. Cover tightly with foil. Bakes 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove pan from oven. Cool slightly. Uncover; carefully pour off drippings, leaving pate in pan. Cover pate loosely with foil. Place several heavy cans of food in another 9x5x3-inch loaf pan to serve as weights. Place pan on top of the covered pate. Chill overnight.
- Remove weighted pan and foil. Loosen sides if necessary. Invert pate onto a serving platter or wrap in plastic wrap and chill for up to 2 days. Cut pate in half lengthwise and then into thin slices. Serve pate with stone ground mustard.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Pistachio Pate)
- Per serving:
- 97 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 31 mg chol.,
- 138 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Mary Hencinski 1275 Days Ago
This was delicious and easy to make. I forgot to put the mustard out, but nobody complained. Already shared the recipe and am making it again for Christmas day.