- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Cook: 1 min
Crab and Cream Cheese Filling
6 ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
tablespoon snipped chives or sliced green onion
Cooking oil or shortening for deep-fat frying
Plum Sauce (see www.bhg.com) or
Sweet-and-Sour Dipping Sauce (see www.bhg.com)
- In a mixing bowl combine the crabmeat, cream cheese, and chives or green onion. In a wok or 3-quart saucepan heat 1-1/2 to 2 inches of cooking oil or shortening to 365 degree F.
- Place the wonton wrapper with a point toward you. Spoon 2 teaspoons filling just below the center. Fold the bottom point over the filling. Then tuck it under the filling. Roll the wonton wrapper once to cover the filling, leaving about 1 inch unrolled at the top of the wrapper. Moisten the right hand corner of the wrapper with a little water. Grasp the right and left-hand corners of the wrapper. Bring these corners toward you, below the filling. Overlap the left-hand and the right-hand corners. Press the corners together securely to seal.
- Fry wontons, a few at a time, in hot oil for 1 to 2-1/2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Using a wire strainer or slotted spoon, remove food fro oil. Drain on a wok rack or on paper towels. Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven while frying remaining wontons.
- Serve warm with Plum Sauce or Sweet-and-Sour Dipping Sauce. Makes 10 appetizer servings.
Nutrition Facts (Crab and Cream Cheese Filling)
- 177 kcal cal.;
- 10 g Fat, total;
- 25 mg chol.;
- 3 g sat. fat;
- 17 g carb.;
- 5 g pro.;
- 127 mg Potassium;
- 295 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet