- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 6 ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1/2 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives or sliced green onion
- Cooking oil or shortening for deep-fat frying
- 30 wonton wrappers
- Plum Sauce (see www.bhg.com) or
- Sweet-and-Sour Dipping Sauce (see www.bhg.com)
1. In a mixing bowl combine the crabmeat, cream cheese, and chives or green onion. In a wok or 3-quart saucepan heat 1-1/2 to 2 inches of cooking oil or shortening to 365 degree F.
2. Place the wonton wrapper with a point toward you. Spoon 2 teaspoons filling just below the center. Fold the bottom point over the filling. Then tuck it under the filling. Roll the wonton wrapper once to cover the filling, leaving about 1 inch unrolled at the top of the wrapper. Moisten the right hand corner of the wrapper with a little water. Grasp the right and left-hand corners of the wrapper. Bring these corners toward you, below the filling. Overlap the left-hand and the right-hand corners. Press the corners together securely to seal.
3. Fry wontons, a few at a time, in hot oil for 1 to 2-1/2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Using a wire strainer or slotted spoon, remove food fro oil. Drain on a wok rack or on paper towels. Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven while frying remaining wontons.
4. Serve warm with Plum Sauce or Sweet-and-Sour Dipping Sauce. Makes 10 appetizer servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 177,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 25,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 17,
- pro. (g) 5,
- sodium (mg) 295,
- Potassium (mg) 127,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet