- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 fresh Anaheim pepper or one 4-oz. can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded asadero, Chihuahua, queso quesadilla, or Monterey Jack cheese (6 ozs.)
- 6 8 inches flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped, seeded tomato (1 small)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro, oregano, or basil
- Purchased guacamole (optional)
- Bottled Salsa (optional)
1. If using Anaheim pepper, halve pepper lengthwise; remove seeds and membrane. Cut pepper into thin slivers.
2. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over half of each tortilla. Sprinkle peppers, chicken, tomato, green onions, and cilantro over cheese. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.
3. In a large skillet or on a griddle, cook quesadillas, two at a time, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Remove quesadillas from skillet and place on a baking sheet. Keep warm in a 300 degrees F oven. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
4. To serve, cut quesadillas in half. If desired, serve with guacamole and salsa. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 124,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 24,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 11,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 9,
- sodium (mg) 238,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet