Chicken Liver Pate
ounces chicken livers
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons dry white wine or milk
teaspoon black pepper
teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
Snipped fresh parsley or chives (optional)
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Drain and crumble bacon; set aside.
- Add chicken livers, onion, and garlic to reserved drippings in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until livers are no longer pink; cool slightly.
- In a food processor or blender combine crumbled bacon, chicken liver mixture, wine, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cover and process or blend until combined (mixture will be soft). Line a 1-cup mold or bowl with plastic wrap; spoon in liver mixture. (Or spoon liver mixture directly into a crock or ramekin or several small ramekins.) Cover and chill for 3 to 24 hours.
- To serve, uncover and invert mold or bowl onto a platter; remove plastic wrap. (Or place ramekin or crock on a serving plate.) If desired, sprinkle with parsley or chives. Serve with crackers.
- Makes 1 cup pate (sixteen 1-tablespoon servings).
Nutrition Facts(Chicken Liver Pate)
- Per serving:
- 42 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 51 mg chol.,
- 63 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet