- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup apple jelly or desired-flavor jelly
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanuts or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1 cup candy-coated peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place jelly, sugar, butter or margarine, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and sugar dissolved. Stir in the oats, peanuts or almonds, sunflower seeds, and coconut until combined.
2. Pour the mixture into an ungreased baking pan. Spread the mixture in an even layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice.
3. Transfer mixture to a large piece of foil to cool. Store in a covered container in a cool, dry place up to 2 weeks. Just before serving, stir in candy-coated peanuts. Makes 5 cups.