- Makes: 36 servings
- Prep: 20 hrs
- Cook: 3 hrs to 4 hrs (low) or 1 1/2 to 2 hours (high)
Cheesy Mexican Fondue
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
cup finely chopped onion
cup finely chopped roasted red sweet pepper
4 ounce can diced green chile peppers, undrained
cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese with salsa or jalapeno peppers or regular Monterey Jack cheese (12 ounces)
cups cubed American cheese (12 ounces)
Assorted dippers (such as cubed corn bread* or toasted flour tortilla wedges)
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine undrained tomatoes, onion, roasted sweet pepper, and undrained chile peppers. Add Monterey Jack and American cheese; toss gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-heat or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
- Serve fondue with dippers, swirling pieces as you dip. If the fondue thickens, stir in a little milk. Makes 36 servings
From the Test Kitchen
Purchase corn bread or prepare a packaged corn bread mix.
Nutrition Facts (Cheesy Mexican Fondue)
- Per serving:
- 77 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 236 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 1 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet