- Makes: 60 servings
- Yields: about 60 crackers
- Prep: 20 mins
- Stand: 30 mins
- Chill: 4 hrs
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the cheddar cheese and butter. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat the cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Add thyme and cayenne pepper; beat until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour and finely chopped pecans until combined. Form into a ball, using your hands to knead gently if necessary. Shape into an 8-inch-long log. Wrap with plastic wrap. Chill about 4 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, cut log into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Place on prepared baking sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer crackers to a wire rack; cool. Makes about 60 crackers.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cooled crackers between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Cheese-Pecan Crackers)
- Per serving:
- 26 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 20 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet