- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 12 ounce box crispy corn and rice cereal (about 12 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts, cashews, or almonds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light-color corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups chocolate-covered raisins, chocolate-covered peanuts, or semisweet or milk chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a foil roasting pan, combine cereal and nuts; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
3. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice. Remove from oven. Spread mixture on a large piece of buttered foil; cool. Wash and dry the foil roasting pan.
4. Break cereal mixture into pieces; return to clean roasting pan. Stir in chocolate-covered raisins; cover.
- Prepare as above except add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger to the butter mixture.
- Servings Per Recipe 30,
- cal. (kcal) 186,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 9,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 27,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 122,
- Potassium (mg) 128,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet