Caramel Snack Mix
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a foil roasting pan, combine cereal and nuts; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice. Remove from oven. Spread mixture on a large piece of buttered foil; cool. Wash and dry the foil roasting pan.
- Break cereal mixture into pieces; return to clean roasting pan. Stir in chocolate-covered raisins; cover.
From the Test Kitchen
Chocolate Spiced Snack Mix:
Prepare as above except add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger to the butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel Snack Mix)
- Per serving:
- 186 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 9 mg chol.,
- 122 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet