- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit bits
1. Cook and stir butter or margarine, curry powder, ginger, cumin, allspice, and red pepper in a small saucepan until butter or margarine melts. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
2. Combine popcorn, peanuts, and dried fruit bits in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle butter or margarine mixture over popcorn mixture, tossing gently to coat evenly. Makes 5-1/2 cups.
- Up to 1 day ahead, prepare Calypso Popcorn. Store in an airtight container.