Butternut Squash Kabobs
This curry-flavored vegetable-on-a-stick side dish recipe lets you enjoy the mild flavor of summer squash, even on the go.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Roast: 20 mins to 25 mins 450°F
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Peel squash. Cut squash halves in 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces. Place in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. In a small bowl combine butter and curry powder. Drizzle over squash, tossing to coat.
- Roast squash, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring once or twice. Serve immediately or let cool to tote. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Serve squash at room temperature threaded on eight 8-inch skewers. Season to taste with salt. Makes 8 servings.
To reheat kabobs, grill on a gas or charcoal grill directly over medium coals (or preheat gas grill to medium) about 10 minutes or until heated through, turning kabobs occasionally.
- Per serving:
- 69 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 36 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet