A spicy marinade and a blue cheese dip make these buffalo chicken wings a standout snack.
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces. Place chicken wing pieces in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, stir together melted butter, hot pepper sauce, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour over chicken wings; seal bag. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Drain; discard marinade.
- Place the chicken wing pieces on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken wings. Broil for 10 to 15 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Serve with Blue Cheese Dip and, if desired, celery sticks. Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Blue Cheese Dip
- In a blender or food processor combine dairy sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, crumbled blue cheese, white wine vinegar or white vinegar, and garlic, minced. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Cover and chill for up to 1 week. If desired, top with additional crumbled blue cheese before serving. Makes 1-1/4 cups.
From the Test Kitchen
Low-Fat Blue Cheese Dip
Prepare as above, except substitute fat-free dairy sour cream and fat-free mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing for the regular sour cream and mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts (Buffalo Wings)
- Per serving:
- 221 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 47 mg chol.,
- 258 mg sodium,
- 1 g carb.,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet