- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (1 1/2 teaspoons)*
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
1. In a 3- to 4-cup plastic container, stir together beans, corn, onion, lime juice, olive oil, jalapeno pepper, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper. Cover and chill.
2. In a 1-cup container, toss together tomato and cilantro. Cover and chill.
3. Place tortilla chips in another plastic container. Cover and store at room temperature. Include serving instructions with the gift (below).
- Using crafts glue, attach buttons to one side of a small, medium, and large plastic container to serve as snowman buttons and eyes. Fill containers with tortilla chips, salsa, and/or other dips. Stack the containers, and tie a ribbon around the base of the top container to be the snowman's scarf.
- Mark as Free Exchange () 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet