- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 2 ounce can anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup butter, cut up
- Assorted vegetable dippers (such as green beans, packaged peeled baby carrots, mushrooms, thinly sliced zucchini, broccoli florets, and/or cauliflower florets), blanched*
1. In a blender or food processor, combine oil, anchovies, and garlic. Cover and blend or process just until anchovies and garlic are finely chopped.
2. Pour anchovy mixture into a small saucepan. Add butter. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture is bubbly, stirring occasionally.
3. If desired, keep warm in a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve dip with vegetables. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
- To blanch vegetables, cook desired vegetables in boiling, lightly salted water for 2 minutes; drain. Immediately plunge vegetables into a bowl of ice water; cool. Drain well.
- 98 cal., 11 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 22 mg chol., 120 mg sodium, 0 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein.