- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese*, finely shredded
- 2 8 ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 2 ounce jar sliced pimiento, rinsed, drained, patted dry, and chopped
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 8 - 10 slice bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- Celery stalks, cucumber slices, apricot halves, and/or toasted baguette slices
1. In a very large bowl combine cheddar and cream cheese; let stand to come to room temperature (about 45 minutes). Add pimientos, apricot preserves, milk, Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce and about 1/2 of the cooked bacon. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until almost smooth.
2. Cover and chill cheese mixture (and cooked bacon) 2 hours or until easy to handle. Divide into portions; on waxed paper shape into balls. Cover and chill. Roll in bacon bits or pistachios within 4 hours of serving.
3. Serve with celery, cucumber, apricot and/or toasted bread slices. Makes 18 (1/4-cup) servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 18,
- cal. (kcal) 218,
- Fat, total (g) 17,
- chol. (mg) 49,
- carb. (g) 6,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 11,
- sodium (mg) 361,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet