- Get out 1 tortilla on a work surface. Place about a quarter of the cheese on one half, not too near edge so cheese will not melt out as it cooks.
- Top cheese with a quarter of the avocado and four jalapeno slices. Fold tortilla in half over filling to form a semicircle.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Slide uncooked quesadilla onto the pan. Squish down with a weight or just press briefly with a spatula. Cook 1 minute, then flip the quesadilla and grill 1 minute more or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board and slice into 6 wedges. Serve immediately. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Makes 24 wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Avocado Quesadillas)
- Per serving:
- 42 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 3 mg chol.,
- 109 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet