- Yields: 24 wedges
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 2 mins
soft flour or corn tortillas
ounces Manchego cheese, sliced
avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into chunks
canned or jarred jalapeno slices
- Get out 1 tortilla on a work surface. Place about a quarter of the cheese on one half, not too near edge so cheese will not melt out as it cooks.
- Top cheese with a quarter of the avocado and four jalapeno slices. Fold tortilla in half over filling to form a semicircle.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Slide uncooked quesadilla onto the pan. Squish down with a weight or just press briefly with a spatula. Cook 1 minute, then flip the quesadilla and grill 1 minute more or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board and slice into 6 wedges. Serve immediately. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Makes 24 wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Avocado Quesadillas)
- Per serving:
- 42 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 3 mg chol.,
- 109 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesAppetizers, Easy Appetizers, Ethnic Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Mexican Recipes, Party Appetizers, Party Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Rice and Grains Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes