This sophisticated spread makes a great appetizer. Serve it with fresh vegetables, crackers or thin slices of toasted French bread.
- Makes: 16 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Yields: 2 cups
- Start to Finish: 15 mins
15 ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and well drained
clove garlic, quartered
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon cayenne pepper
green onion, thinly sliced
Sliced green onion tops
Assorted vegetable dippers and/or crackers
- In a large food processor, combine beans, artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
- Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl; stir in the thinly sliced green onion. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 days. If chilled, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, garnish with sliced green onion tops. Serve with assorted vegetable dippers and/or crackers.
Nutrition Facts (Artichoke Spread)
- 29 kcal cal.;
- 6 g carb.;
- 2 g fiber;
- 2 g pro.;
- 98 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet