- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 16 refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (about 2 ounces)*
- 6 ounces thinly sliced salami or other thinly sliced cooked meat
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and halved or quartered
- 16 large pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 16 pickled banana peppers or small pepperoncini salad peppers
- 16 red or yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 recipe Herb-Balsamic Vinaigrette or 2/3 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Fold salami slices in half; roll up. On sixteen 6-inch wooden skewers, thread salami rolls, tortellini, artichoke pieces, olives, peppers, and tomatoes. Place kabobs in a single layer in shallow plastic storage containers.
2. Drizzle Herb-Balsamic Vinaigrette or Italian dressing over kabobs. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours, turning kabobs occasionally. Drain kabobs to serve. Makes 16 kabobs.
- If desired, substitute 1 cup cubed provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese (4 ounces) for the tortellini.
- 1/3 cup olive oil or salad oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic, balsamic, or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, oregano, or basil, crushed 1/2 tsp dried thyme, oregano, or basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1. In a screw-top jar, combine olive oil or salad oil; white balsamic, balsamic, or red wine vinegar; snipped fresh thyme, oregano, or basil or dried thyme, oregano, or basil, crushed; sugar; and garlic, minced. Cover and shake well.
- Servings Per Recipe 16,
- cal. (kcal) 89,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 10,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 5,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 578,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet