Angel Hair with Walnut Pesto
cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
cup olive oil
large cloves garlic, quartered
cup walnut pieces, toasted, or pine nuts
cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (2 ounces)
Freshly ground black pepper
pound dried angel hair pasta
- In a food processor, combine the basil, oil, garlic, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and process with on/off turns until the mixture begins to come together, then process until basil is finely chopped.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides. Add the 1/2 cup walnuts and the cheese. Process about 30 seconds more or until the pesto is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in lightly salted, boiling water according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Return pasta to hot pan along with the reserved cooking water.
- Add pesto to the hot pasta; toss until well coated. Transfer pasta to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts(Angel Hair with Walnut Pesto)
- Per serving:
- 593 kcal cal.,
- 34 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 19 g monounsatured fat),
- 6 mg chol.,
- 397 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet