- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 16 ounce package frozen stew vegetables
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- Corn bread (optional)
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle meat with ancho chile pepper, tossing to coat all sides. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat.
2. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine frozen stew vegetables and frozen corn. Top with meat. Pour salsa and the water over mixture in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. If desired, serve with corn bread.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 302,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 50,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 28,
- fiber (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 30,
- sodium (mg) 842,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet