Upload your photo here.
Almond Sour-Cream Sugar Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, sour cream, vanilla, and almond extract until combined. Beat in ground almonds. Beat in as much of the 2-1/4 cups flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining of the 2-1/4 cups flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a well-floured surface, roll one dough portion at a time to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Using 2-1/2-inch cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are very light brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- If desired, use a small new paintbrush to brush cookies with luster dust. Pipe Royal Icing on cookies in snowflake designs. Let stand until icing is set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze unfrosted cookies for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw cookies, if frozen. Decorate as directed.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the powdered sugar, meringue powder, and cream of tartar. Add the water and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined; beat on high speed for 7 to 10 minutes or until icing reaches a stiff piping consistency. If not using right away, cover bowl with a damp paper towel and cover paper towel with plastic wrap; chill for up to 48 hours.
From the Test Kitchen
Look for meringue powder in the cake decorating aisle of a hobby or crafts store.
Nutrition Facts (Almond Sour-Cream Sugar Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 106 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 23 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet