Almond-Clementine Lace Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine granulated sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, 1 teaspoon clementine peel, and clementine juice. Stir in almonds and flour. Drop batter by rounded measuring teaspoons 3 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake only 3 or 4 cookies at a time. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are bubbly and deep golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes or just until set. Using a metal spatula, quickly remove cookies, one at a time, and drape over a greased wooden spoon handle. When the cookie is firm, slide the cookie off the spoon handle and place it on a wire rack to cool. (If cookies harden before you shape them, reheat them in the 350 degrees F oven about 1 minute or until softened.)
- Before serving, in a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream, sour cream, powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon clementine peel with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Spoon mixture into a decorating bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe mixture into cookies. If desired, sprinkle with additional clementine peel. Serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer unfilled cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw cookies if frozen. Fill as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Almond-Clementine Lace Cookies )
- Per serving:
- 134 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 25 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet